Wednesday Movember 7th, we'll be building a real time web application in the Mojolicious framework! :)
- Topic: Mojo Hands-on tutorial
- Time: Wednesday Movember 7th, 2012 at 18:30
- Place: Noworking, Youngstorget 3, Oslo (doorbell says "Nordaaker")
- Map: http://goo.gl/maps/XGHOy
Marcus Ramberg invites Oslo.pm to his "Noworking" co-working facility at Nordaaker, where he's going to help us go through all the steps of creating a web application with Mojolicious. Bring your laptop!
We'll be looking at all the steps for creating a proper web application with Mojolicious, including:
- Making a super-quick prototype with Mojo::Lite
- How routing and rendering works
- Web Sockets, and what you can do with it in Mojo
- How to make use of NoSQL stores like Redis in your app
- Test-driven development with Mojo::Test
- Deployment strategies
- ...and more!
This will be a hands-on evening with Marcus showing us good ways for developing the app, and the rest of us following his example on our own laptops. Jan Henning has offered to help too! :)
To join the fun, please bring the following:
- Your laptop
- Installed with Perl v5.14 or newer (We recommend App::perlbrew - http://perlbrew.pl)
- Your brain and your good humour :)
Hope to see you there!
P.S. if you plan on coming, please drop by our IRC channel #oslo.pm on irc.perl.org and tell us!
- Jan Henning